The "Users" section of the Phonebooth OnDemand platform, allows the Local Administrator to setup new users and manage existing users.
What are Users?
Users - are the people who use your phone system. You will also require a user if you want to power any IP-phone an example would be a lobby phone, break room phone or conference room phone.
Where do you configure Users?
Users are configured in the User Management section in the Administrative Portal. When you enter the "Users" section, you will see a list of current users. From here you can either edit current users or add additional users.
How to add a User
Adding a User
- To add a user, you will need to click on button in the "Users" section of the portal.
- You will need to know the full name of the user,
- choose a username (for logging into the user portal),
- and a password (also for the user portal)
- Finally click on the button to continue adding the user
Editing the User
The next screen will allow you to compete the setup of the user account. You will notice there are three tabs at the top of this screen; Account, Find Me, Follow Me, and Contact Us Plus.
The first tab in the account section of setting up a user is where you will enter the main information.
Username: This field is what the user will need to log into their User portal.
Email: This is the email which voicemail messages with transcriptions will be sent. Initially it will have your phonebooth username. You will need to change this from the default in order for it to work.
Administrator: This is a simple "Yes/No" toggle. The default is set to "No" A user flagged as an "Yes" will have full access to the administration portal otherwise a standard user login will only show personal options in the portal.
Web Password: This is where you can reset a user or administrator's web portal password.
Extension: This is a set of digits that represent this user. It is used in various parts of the system and is REQUIRED! The only rules for an extension are: (THE AUTO-ATTENDANT WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT AN EXTENSION!!!)
- Can be 3, 4 or 5 digits
- 911, 9110 - 9119 and 899 to 999 can not be used
- Must be unique, no two users or any other entity can have the same extension.
Phone Number: The phone number area is where you can assign a direct phone number for this user. It is not always a requirement that a user has a dedicated phone number. Additional phone numbers can be purchased for OnDemand customers, Free customers only have one phone number. You cannot assign a phone number to a user until an extension has been assigned. If you delete your extension, you phone number will be removed as well.
Recorded Name: This is where the User or Local Administrator can record their name greeting for their voicemail service. There are two icons used for this. This is mostly used in the Dial-by-name directory from the Auto-attendant, but it may be used in other areas as well.
Record icon - this will be available immediately. Click on this icon to be presented with the option to enter your phone number. Either put the phone number of an external phone (mobile or other) or extension (internal phone). The default for Phonebooth OnDemand is "Extension," and the sole option for Phonebooth Free customers is "Phone number."
Play icon - this will only be available after recording your name. Once a name is recorded, click on this icon to play the recorded name.
Voicemail greeting: This is where the User or Local Administrator can record their full voicemail greeting. This is setup in the same manner as the Recorded Name.
Voicemail password: This is where you set the password for voicemail. The password must be between 4 and 8 digits long and can only use digits 0-9.
Groups: If you have your user assigned to one or more Groups, they will be listed here. You can also remove them from Groups.
Default area code: This is where you set the default area code for this user. Not useful for Free users
Time zone: This affects many areas of the voicemail time.
Find Me, Follow Me Tab
With Find Me, Follow Me you can choose what happens when your phone rings. It can ring your home or mobile phone, or any number you choose. There are three areas to think about when setting up Find Me, Follow Me.
- Where would you like the call to go? You can choose to send the call to another extension (default) or a Phone number. Pay special attention to the seconds here since mobile phones may take up to 10 seconds to begin ringing. Play with the seconds timer to make sure that the call rings your phone enough times to answer it, but still terminated in your Phonebooth voicemail. You can have up to two Find Me destinations, they will not ring all at one time but they will ring in order.
- Finally verify that the voicemail is being sent to the correct email address. If this is incorrect change it on the Account Tab, after you are done click the button at the bottom of the page.
Contact Us Plus
The Contact Us Plus Tab in the User setup is only needed if you are planning to setup individual users in your Contact Us Plus Widget. This allows the User and Administrator to assign three user specific items.
- Twitter - Provide just your Twitter username. For instance, Phonebooth and not @Phonebooth or your URL. If you provide your Twitter username, Phonebooth will display a link to your Tweet stream on your ContactUs Plus widget. To learn more or sign up for Twitter.
- Linkedin - Provide just your username portion of your LinkedIn Personal URL. For instance, if your Personal URL ishttp://www.linkedin.com/in/phonebooth, just provide phonebooth. If you provide this, Phonebooth will display a link to your LinkedIn Public Profile on your ContactUs Plus widget. Learn more about LinkedIn, Personal URLs, or signup for LinkedIn
- Gravatar - A Gravatar is an easy way to add your profile picture to your account. Phonebooth uses this picture for ContactUs Plus. Enter your Gravatar email address, learn more, or get your Gravatar.