One question I have been getting a lot recently, unfortunately not in the Community, is "Why do you only show 3 lines on my Yealink T-28 when I bought a 6 line phone". I usually get this with a bit of vitriol.
We do have our reasons that 6 lines active is not our default.
- most people want to use the lines for other things (speed dials and such)
- 6 lines is usually overwhelming for a typical user. Not all of them are receptionists.
- a lot of our customers' Internet connections can't handle 6 simultaneous calls anyway.
Even though 6 lines is not our default, we do not actually stop you from setting up the additional lines. Here are the steps to set this up on your Yealink T-28 phone:
- Press menu button
- Navigate to Features (2)
- DSS Keys (3)
- Line Keys (1)
- Scroll to DSS Keys 4, 5 or 6
- Change the Account ID to Line 1 for each one you want and then save
The changes will be immediate. I recommend re-booting the phone, but it is not required.
Do not change the options for line key 1, 2 or 3 they will only be overwritten on the next reboot.