The "Voicemail" section of the Phonebooth OnDemand platform allows the System Administrator and Users check their Voicemail. The "Voicemail" section shows the date of the voicemail, status (new or saved), caller and any transcription. The User can listen to or download the message in their browser, as well as delete messages.
In addition to receiving voicemail via email and via the Phonebooth OnDemand User Portal, your IP-phone will also allow review and management of the voicemail service.
Initial Setup of Voicemail with IP-phone
When a User account is created in Phonebooth, a voicemail account is automatically created. To initially setup your voicemail follow, these simple 5 steps: (Phonebooth OnDemand ONLY)
- Press the Messages button on the user's IP-Phone, or dial ex. 899 from any connected system phone. If you are prompted for a mailbox number, enter the user's extension. If you are calling from the user's phone you will just be prompted for a password. The default password is "1234" but it can be changed by the Administrator or the User in their respective portals.
- Press "3" for advanced options.
- Press "1" to record the name. Then record the user's name following the audio instructions.
- Press "2" to record the greeting. Then record the greeting following the audio instructions.
- Press "3" to change password.
Initial Setup of Voicemail with Portal
voicemail name and greeting can be recorded and listened to directly from the Phonebooth portal by Administrators and Users.
Administrators should login to the Administrator Portal, and then edit a User in the "User" section.
Users should login to the User Portal, and then go to the "Settings" section.
Once you are in your respective section, click the green record button and enter a phone number or extension where you would like to record the voicemail name or greeting. The system will call the User or Administrator on the phone and provide audio prompts to guide them.
Via Voicemail-to-email - The easiest way to receive your messages is by having them sent to your corporate email address. The voicemail message will be delivered as a text transcription of your message (a voice-to-text transcription) in the body of the email with an audio file attached so that you may listen to it. Users also have the ability to delete the voicemail message right inside their email message. You must contact your Administrator setup this feature for you.
Via Online Portal - Another great way to check your voicemail is to login to your Phonebooth User Portal. You can play, download, read the text transcription and delete your voicemail right from the "Your Voicemail" section, as shown below. If you have not been given a login to the User Portal, please contact your System Administrator.
Via IP-phone - Press the messages button on the User's IP-Phone, or dial ext. 899 from any system phone. If you are prompted for a mailbox number, enter the User's extension. If you are calling from the User's phone, you will just be prompted for a password. The default password is "1234".
The first thing you will hear is the count of "New" messages. The new messages will auto-play.
In-Menu Voicemail Options
A quick reference for your in-menu voicemail options:
- Press "#" to skip to end of message (this can be done at any point in the message)
- Press "1" to replay message (can only be done after playing the message)
- Press "7" to delete message (can only be done after playing the message)
- Press "9" to save message (can only be done after playing the message)
Changing the Voicemail Password (PIN)
If you are the Administrator:
1. Login to the Administrative Portal.
2. Go to "Users" section and select the User you are going to edit.
3. Click reset password to change field "Voicemail Password" found below the recorded name and greeting.
If you are a User:
1. Login to your User Portal.
2. Go to "Settings" section.
3. Click Reset Password to edit the "Voicemail Password" found below the recorded name and greeting.